The 3-Axis Digital Compass HMC5883L sensor is able to acquire information even in a low magnetic field. Distributed over the three axes, this information is converted into a differential voltage of 2.7 to 6.5 VDC to provide input for a vast range of microcontrollers operating at different voltages.
The raw digital output value can be used to calculate direction and location, and for measuring both the magnitude and the direction of the Earth’s magnetic field in cases where the robot needs to measure several magnetic fields coming from different directions.
- Operating Voltage: 3V to 6V DC
- I2C interface
- 1-2 degree heading accuracy
- Integrated 12-bit ADC
- 160Hz max data rate
- Range of -8 to +8 Gauss
- Needs no external components
- Easy to use with Microcontrollers or even with normal Digital/Analog IC
- Small, cheap and easily available
- Auto and personal navigation.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles System.
- Robotic navigation.
- Location-based services (LBS).