This module is based on the I2C light-to-digital converter TSL2561 to transform light intensity to a digital signal and can be used to measure the change in light intensity for various applications.
The TSL2561 luminosity sensor is an advanced digital light sensor, ideal for use in a wide range of light situations.
The best part of this sensor is that it contains both infrared and full spectrum diodes.
That means you can seperately measure infrared, full-spectrum or human-visible light. Most sensors can only detect one or the other, which does not accurately representwhat human eyes see (since we cannot perceive the IR light that is detected by most photo diodes)
The sensor has a digital (i2c) interface. You can select one of three addresses so you can have up to three sensors onone board - each with a different i2c address.
- Approximates Human eye Response
- Precisely Measures Illuminance in Diverse Lighting Conditions
- Temperature range: -30 to 80 *C
- Dynamic range (Lux): 0.1 to 40,000 Lux
- Voltage range: 2.7-3.6V
- Interface: I2C
- Ambient light sensing
- Backlighting control for display panel
- Keyboard illumination control