Arduino Mega 2560 R3 (latest Revision) Microcontroller Board is based on the Atmel ATmega2560 8-bit microcontroller (MCU).
Arduino Mega 2560 features 54 digital input/output pins (15 of which can be used as PWM outputs) and 16 analog inputs.
This MCU board also includes 4 UARTs (hardware serial ports), a 16MHz crystal oscillator, a USB connection, a power jack, an In-Circuit Serial Programming (ICSP) header, and a reset button.
Arduino Mega 2560 includes everything the user needs to support the MCU.
The user can get started by connecting the Mega 2560 to a computer with the USB cable or by powering it with an AC-DC adapter or battery.
Arduino Mega 2560 board is compatible with most shields designed for the Uno.
Mega 2560 is an update to the earlier Arduino Mega board.
- Operating voltage : 5V.
- Recommended input voltage: 7v to 12V.
- Input voltage range : 6v to 20V.
- Digital input/output pins : 54 pins .(15 of which provide PWM output)
- Analog input/output pins : 16 pins .
DC Current on I/O Pins : 40 mA.
- DC Current on 3.3V Pin : 50 mA.
- Flash memory: 256 KB.
- SRAM: 8 KB
- EEPROM: 4 KB
- Frequency (Clock Speed): 16 MHz
- Development of Automation System.
- Designing of basic circuit designs.
- DC motor control using H-bridge
- Home automation.
- Water quality testing.
- Control of traffic lights..
- Multiple DIY Projects.