DAC0808 is a D/A converter IC and is used for converting 8 bit digital data input to analog signal output.
It is a monolithic IC featuring a full scale output current settling time of 150 ns while dissipating only 33 mW with ±5V supplies.
The chip accuracy of conversion is good and power consumption is also low to make it popular.
The power supply currents of the DAC0808 are independent of bit codes, and exhibits essentially constant device characteristics over the entire supply voltage range.
- 8 bit parallel digital data input.
- Fast settling time (typical value): 150 ns.
- Relative accuracy at ±0.19% maximum error.
- Full scale current match: ±1 LSB.
- Non-inverting digital inputs are TTL and CMOS compatible.
- High speed multiplying input slew rate: 8 mA/μs.
- Power supply voltage range: ±4.5V to ±18V.
- Low power consumption: 33 mW@ ±5V.
- Maximum Power dissipation: 1000 mW.
- Operating temperature range: 0ºC to +75ºC.