Digital Temperature Sensor DS18B20 is a one-wire digital temperature sensor. This means that it just requires one data line (and GND) to communicate with the Arduino.
Each DS18B20 temperature sensor has a unique 64-bit serial code.
It can measure a wide range of temperature from -55°C to +125° with a decent accuracy of ±5°C. Each sensor has a unique address and requires only one pin of the MCU to transfer data so it a very good choice for measuring temperature at multiple points without compromising much of your digital pins on the microcontroller.
This allows you to wire multiple sensors to the same data wire. So, you can get temperature from multiple sensors using just one Arduino digital pin.
- Operating voltage: 3V to 5V.
- Temperature Range: -55°C to +125°C.
- Accuracy: ±0.5°C.
- Unique 64-bit address enables multiplexing.
- Output Resolution: 9-bit to 12-bit (programmable).
- Measuring temperature at multiple points.
- Used in thermally sensitive devices.