The DS1307 serial real-time clock (RTC) is a low-power, full binary-coded decimal (BCD) clock/calendar plus 56 bytes of NV SRAM.
Address and data are transferred serially through an I2C, bidirectional bus. The clock/calendar provides seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month, and year information
. The end of the month date is automatically adjusted for months with fewer than 31 days, including corrections for leap year.
The clock operates in either the 24-hour or 12-hour format with AM/PM indicator.
The DS1307 has a built-in power-sense circuit that detects power failures and automatically switches to the backup supply.
Timekeeping operation continues while the part operates from the backup supply
- Real-time clock (RTC) counts seconds, minutes, hours, date of the month, month, day of the week, and year with leap-year compensation valid up to 2100
- 56-byte, battery-backed, nonvolatile (NV) RAM for data storage
- Two-wire serial interface
- Programmable square wave output signal
- Automatic power-fail detect and switch circuitry
- Consumes less than 500 nA in battery backup mode with oscillator running
- Optional industrial temperature range: -40°C to +85°C
- Available in 8-pin DIP or SOIC
- Underwriters Laboratory (UL) recognized