The InvenSense MPU-6050 sensor contains accelerometer and gyro in a single chip. It is very accurate, as it contains 16-bits analog to digital conversion hardware for each channel. Therefor it captures the x, y, and z channel at the same time. The sensor uses the I2C-bus to interface with the Arduino.
The MPU-6050 is not expensive, especially given the fact that it combines both an accelerometer and a gyro.
- 3-aixs accelerometer and 3-axis gyroscope values combined
- Power Supply: 3-5V
- Communication : I2C protocol
- Built-in 16-bit ADC provides high accuracy
- Built-in DMP provides high computational power
- Can be used to interface with other IIC devices like magnetometer
- Configurable IIC Address
- In-built Temperature sensor