The DS3231 is a low-cost, extremely accurate I2C real-time clock (RTC) with an integrated temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO) and crystal.
The device incorporates a battery input, and maintains accurate timekeeping when main power to the device is interrupted.
The integration of the crystal resonator enhances the long-term accuracy of the device as well as reduces the piece-part count in a manufacturing line.
The DS3231 is available in commercial and industrial temperature ranges.
The DS3231 maintains seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month, and year information.
The date at the end of the month is automatically adjusted for months with fewer than 31 days, including corrections for leap year
. The clock operates in either the 24-hour or 12-hour format with an AM/PM indicator.
Two programmable time-of-day alarms and a programmable square-wave output are provided. Address and data are transferred serially through an I2C bidirectional bus.
- RTC counts seconds, minutes, hours and year
- Accuracy: +2ppm to -2ppm for 0ºC to +40ºC , +3.5ppm to -3.5ppm for -40ºC to +85ºC
- Programmable square wave output
- Register for Aging trim
- 400Khz I2C interface
- Low power consumption
- Automatic power failure battery switch circuitry
- CR2032 battery backup with two to three year life
- Potable size
- Note the package without battery.