The Ublox NEO-6M gps engine on this board is a quite good one, with high precision binary output.
It has also high sensitivity for indoor applications.
The gps module have a battery for power backup and EEprom for storing configuration settings.
The antenna is connected to module through ufl cable which allow for flexibility in mounting the gps such that the antenna will always see the sky for best performance.
This make it powerful to use with cars and other mobile applications.
The Ublox gps module has serial TTL output, it has four pins:TX, RX, VCC and GND.
You can download the u-center software for configuring the gps and changing the settings and much more. It is really good software
- Standalone GPS receiver
- 9600 baud (default setting; can be changed)
- 3.3V Device
- 3.3V TTL IOs; (FYI, the TX 3.3V 'high' state will be sufficient to drive normal 5V microcontroller TTL inputs without additional hardware)
- Onboard LED which flashes to indicate lock
- Under 1 second time-to-first-fix for hot and aided starts
- Indoor GPS: -162 dBm tracking sensitivity
- Anti-jamming technology
- Support SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN)
- U-blox 6 50 channel positioning engine with over 2 million effective correlators
- 5Hz position update rate
- Operating temperature range: -40 TO 85°C
- UART TTL socket
- EEprom to store settings
- Dimensions: 35mm L x 26mm W x 12mm D (antenna dimensions of 25mm x 25mm x 10mm)
- Uses a XC6204B2K voltage regulator, so it can take 3.3V and 5V operating voltages