HC-SR04 ultrasonic module can offer non-contact distance sensing function, the range from 2cm to 400cm. and the range accuracy is up to 3mm; the module includes ultrasonic transmitter, receiver and control circuit.
The sensor measures distance using sonar; an ultrasonic (well above human hearing) pulse is transmitted from the unit and distance-to-target is determined by measuring the time required for the echo return.
The module is based on the measurement of time flight of ultrasonic pulse, which is reflected by an object. The distance to be measured mainly depends on the speed of ultrasonic waves in space or air –which is a constant- and the flight time of the pulse. The module performs these calculations and outputs a pulse width depends on the measured distance, this pulse is easily interfaced to any microcontroller.
● Working Voltage : 5V (DC)
● Static current: Less than 2mA.
● Output signal: Electric frequency signal, high level 5V, low level 0V.
● Sensor angle: Not more than 15 degrees.
● Detection distance: 2cm - 400cm.
● High accuracy : Up to 0.3cm
● Input trigger signal: 10us TTL impulse
● Echo signal : output TTL PWL signal
● Interface connector: 4-pin header SIP.
- Distance measurement.
- Production line sensor.
- Tank level.